Suitable for vegans. Suitable for coeliacs.
Winner – GOLD Medal – Prague Wine Trophy, 2018
Whilst the Tempranillo grape is the most well-known of the Rioja region and accounts for the vast majority of Spanish wine production, more and more wine makers are leveraging historical regional grapes such as Garnacha and Graciano to provide more focus and fruit structure to the typical vanilla and strawberry-led flavours of Tempranillo. Viñedos Real Rubio have taken matters even further and helped in the resurrection of the almost extinct Maturana Tinta grape (which has now been officially classified within D.O.Ca Rioja), culminating in the release of a sensational 100% Maturana Crianza.
- Bodega : Viñedos Real Rubio
- Label : Real Rubio Crianza Maturana
- Varieties : 100% Maturana
- Vintage : 2015
- Size : 75cl
- Production Area : Aldeanueva de Ebro
- Appellation : D.O.Ca Rioja
- Alcohol : 14% ABV
- Vinification and Ageing : Harvested at the beginning of October. Selection of some low yielding vines to create a wine to lay down. Grapes are totally destemmed with controlled fermentation at 25 Celcius. Aged for a total of 18 months – 12 months in French Oak, medium toast, finished for 6 months in American Oak, medium toast.
- Serving : Best served at 17 Celcius
Please note that while we take every care to make sure the product information displayed on our website is correct, product recipes may change from time to time. This may affect nutrition and allergen information therefore you should always check product labels and not rely solely on the information presented here.
If you require specific advice on any product, please contact us directly.