Suitable for vegans. Suitable for coeliacs.
Winner – GOLD Medal – Prague Wine Trophy, 2018
The headline act of the Viñedos Real Rubio range is this outstanding Rioja Gran Reserva, 2008, which even at its premium price is great value for money with respect to its quality. 74% Tempranillo is blended with 26% Graciano, the higher percentage of which gives greater focus, structure and forward fruit to the wine in comparison to the Crianza little brother.
This balance has been created by a long, slow maturation over 36 months in American Oak casks and has been specially developed to really maximise the character of the wine. This ageing brings dried fruit, apricots, dark blackberries and cherries to the forefront of a super smooth palate, underlined by the vanilla roundness, cocoa richness, complexity of leather and mouthfeel of well-rounded tannins. The bouquet is complex and rewards considered drinking, where its supreme elegance really comes into prominence. The fall away in the decay is long and luscious.
- Bodega : Viñedos Real Rubio
- Label : Real Rubio Gran Reserva Tinta
- Varieties : 74% Tempranillo, 26% Graciano
- Vintage : 2008
- Size : 75cl
- Production Area : Monte Yerga (450m) and Coscojar, Aldeanueva de Ebro
- Appellation : D.O.Ca Rioja
- Alcohol : 14% ABV
- Vinification and Ageing : Harvested in September 2008. Aged for 36 months in American Oak, medium toast, and matured for an extra 40 months in bottle.
- Serving : Best served at 18 Celcius
Please note that while we take every care to make sure the product information displayed on our website is correct, product recipes may change from time to time. This may affect nutrition and allergen information therefore you should always check product labels and not rely solely on the information presented here.
If you require specific advice on any product, please contact us directly.