Suitable for vegans. Suitable for coeliacs.
This entry point to the red wines of Viñedos Real Rubio punches far beyond its modest price and is a great example of well-made, honest Rioja. Tempranillo is blended with Garnacha and produces a wine of intense colour with violet and purple hues to the fore. The wine is bright and lively, showing youthfulness with a well-defined backbone. The vineyard really translates cleanly into the bottle with very clear aromas of the two grape varietals – blackberry, raspberry, notes of herbs and a hint of coffee and vanilla from its modest maturation in American Oak.
This wine is easily drinkable on its own or partnered with a wide variety of meat and savoury vegetable dishes – think Iberico pork, lamb rump, pan-seared duck, ratatouille or any version of Bolognese.
- Bodega : Viñedos Real Rubio
- Label : Real Rubio Rioja Selección
- Varieties : 80% Tempranillo, 20% Garnacha
- Vintage : 2018
- Size : 75cl
- Production Area : Monte Yerga, Aldeanueva de Ebro
- Appellation : D.O.Ca Rioja
- Alcohol : 14.5% ABV
- Vinification and Ageing : Harvested at the beginning of October. Picked by hand and stemmed, separating the varieties at the time of vinification. Controlled fermentation at 25 Celcius to preserve the aromas of the grapes and subsequently aged in American Oak for three months.
- Serving : Best served at 14 Celcius
Please note that while we take every care to make sure the product information displayed on our website is correct, product recipes may change from time to time. This may affect nutrition and allergen information therefore you should always check product labels and not rely solely on the information presented here.
If you require specific advice on any product, please contact us directly.